We are living in a critical time, with increasing environmental and social pressures. It can feel like we have a rapidly shrinking time frame for making change. This pressure-cooker of a situation leaves many of us working frantically, thinking short-term, and feeling disconnected from what really enlivens us. It can even make us act like jerks, sometimes, even though we’re actually decent people.
Often self-care solutions are part of this same reactive paradigm. They’re about indulgence and escapism, consumption and justification. They’re often coping mechanisms that don’t really serve us.
We want to talk about self-care in a way that has integrity with our values, and that sustains us for the long haul. We want to engage in self-care in a way that has integrity with our values, and sustains us for the long haul.
Putting the needs of yourself first remains controversial to this very day. It can be viewed as selfish or even self-centered.
When we choose to care deeply for ourselves, we begin treating our selves with respect; and, modeling to others how we want them to treat us. In doing so, we naturally become better able to care for others – our family, friends, co-workers, and the world, in a much more meaningful and healthy way.
We have the courage to speak our truth and to say no when we want to say no. And in all of this, we gain an even deeper appreciation for the connection and connectedness of every single thing around us.
Everything you’ve dreamed of having begins with self-care.
Workshop on Self Care
Using story telling, self reflection, and group work, workshop participants will learn how to build a plan to sustain and rejuvenate themselves in order to successfully serve themselves, their family and community.
- Defining self-care
- Making time for self-care
- Ways to take care of yourself
- Integrating self-care into your (less) busy schedule
By the end of this workshop participants will:
- Find 30-90 minutes a week to practice self-care
- Identify 3-5 practices that address your external and internal stressors
- Identify solutions to potential roadblocks
- Draft a self-care plan using a custom template.
This workshop is good for:
- Organisations who want their employees, members or volunteers to prioritise their self-care
- People who are experiencing fatigue, feeling frustrated, run down, experiencing struggle in your relationships, or at work, have a health challenge, and/or just need something
What you get:
- A personal consultation with Orikhu prior to your workshop event
- Development of customised content to meet your event objectives
- Workshop delivery
Cost: From US$400 for entire group booking
What you get:
- Personal first consultation (depending on area this will be done via skype)
- Online coaching or in person coaching